Saturday, October 22, 2016

Halloween Fun

Tim's tag for October is a fun mix of metal monsters and a grid background.


 The main focal image was a bit of a problem for me as I don't have any of the monster die cuts and had to come up with a different image to use.  I decided to emboss multiple pieces of foil and paint them with black paint.

After that I tried using the frames and other images as pieces on my tag.  After awhile I thought wouldn't it be cool if there was a big spider die?  (As long as it is fake I can deal with the size of the spider) I decided to try to create my own spider using a few embossed pieces from various folders.  The compass embossing folder gave the coolest pattern to the body of my spider.  The head is from the ledger embossing folder.  The legs are from various pieces left over from my different sheets.

 I was happy to use up some of the fun ephemera for Halloween sitting in my files in the grid pattern. I coated it with the collage medium (sepia) and used a charcoal pencil for shading. 

I did pop the spider and bowed her body a bit. 



She received a bit of sequins and gems to highlight her look.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it out to add to the front of the tag.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Suzz

6 comments:

  1. The big metallic spider is an excellent substitute and the assembly of various parts and pieces looks great. Arachnophobes beware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Suzz you have interpreted and created a magnificent October tag. Looooooveeee your spider, such clever use of the foil, shapes and embossing folders, brilliantly created xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely amazing spider you have created for the challenge- love it!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant take on the original!! Yours is so wonderfully balanced, I really like it with that spider, so cleverly used as the focal, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag , Ingenious creativity Suzz. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!