Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Vintage Journey - Sew Special


I am so happy to be guest designing today at A Vintage Journey for their "Sew Special" Challenge!  The design team is extremely talented and the challenges are always my favorite to play along in.





The challenge was to use some type of fabric (Burlap, linen, etc) and be sewing inspired.  I used fabric and I even sewed my buttons on which was an effort for me!



I used a mix of stencils and distress stains to create my background fabrics strips. I layered them and added a few random stitches. If I knew how and had a sewing machine I would have added a few lines of stitches.

 I love the daisy button and how it reminded me of my clothes growing up. :)


The image is from the printers block found at a local flea market and it was fun stamping it on the fabric.


I died the tape measure to coordinate and cut some strips to accent.  The eye hooks seemed like a fun detail to add to my fabric.

Products:  Idea-Ology -  Tape Measure, Vintage Buttons, Linen, Ranger Distress Stain Sprays - Picked Raspberries, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Idea-Ology - Chit Chat Stickers, Ranger Distress ink - Picked Rasberry, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, Mini Spools, Twine, Hanger clip, White Thread,  Tim Holtz Layering Stencil

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz







7 comments:

  1. Love love love this! And that printers' block stamp is fabulous. The buttons are just right for this and the colors! Oh, my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love the eye hooks and sentiment and the measuring tape. Well, love everything, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a magnificent job with this tag Sue, I love the colours, the stamped strips and that gorgeous printers block image. Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity and talent with us st AVJ. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tag for the theme Suzz!! Love that printers block stamp and the way you shadow stamped it - great colors, buttons and details! thanks so much for being our Guest DT at AVJ! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That printers block is an absolutely fantastic find Suzz and you have used it perfectly. I adore the colour palette and design, everything works so well together, seamlessly . Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, what a fabulous fabric background, brilliant idea to layer the strips of stained fabric, love it! Your embellishments are spot on perfect for the challenge, a wonderful tag and thank you so much for sharing your talents with us as a guest designer at A Vintage Journey! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning tag, Suzz - the colours look fantastic, and the layers of shabbied fabric give it such great depth and texture - amazing work! Sorry to be so late catching up with your fabulous guest project with us - but it meant I got to have a scroll through all your amazing work since then too... and what a lovely time I've had!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!