Monday, January 11, 2016

Stencil It

 Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week the challenge is all about using stencils.  I wanted to make sure I had lots of stencil work in my card.

I started with a piece of cardstock and the harlequin stencil.


I kept trying different variations of the stencil with the salmon colored mist to get a variegated background.

After I had gotten the right mix on the background of the harlequin pattern I used another stencil to bring in the words and sponged them on with a coral dye ink.

I then decided to add some citron to the background with a few splotches of color.  When that was done I needed a focal point and out came the Tim Holtz Butterfly which I split in half with the harlequin in citron and the words in coral.

I think the gray gloomy days had me wanting the bright colors of spring!

Products:

Wendy Vecchi - Art Parts Heidi Swapp - Color Shine - Salmon, Tim Holtz Layered Butterfly, Tim Holtz - Layered Stencil - HarlequinSimon Says Stamp - Spring Showers








As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

So now it's YOUR turn, come play along and show us your stamp and punch combination. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Suzz

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Instagram




13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suzz, I love the pink and green together, so pretty and the butterfly is awesome! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card sure did make my day brighter! Love those colors together and that big butterfly! Very cool how you reversed the stencils on the butterfly from the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so bright and cheery, it just makes me smile! Love how you made your butterfly, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the two toned butterfly!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright, zingy and cheery ~ this is such a beautiful card, Suzz and I love the butterfly, it looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is in the air! Beautiful work, soft colros are wonderful and your stencil amazing! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is in the air! Beautiful work, soft colros are wonderful and your stencil amazing! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous color combo, Suzz. Very spring-like, so is the butterfly! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzz, what an awesome card!!! Love the two way stenciled-butterfly!!
    Hugs,
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, Suzz. Love the great color combo and fabulous embellishments., :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic project! Our lawn is covered with a couple of inches of snow, so I love the happy Spring-like colors here. And what a cool way to structure the butterfly! The different patterns and colors on the wings was a clever idea and I am dying over that super-cool Citron circle in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful spring card Sue. Love the wonderful colour combination and the butterfly is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!