Friday, October 30, 2015

Shimmery Merry & Bright

Happy Friday everyone!  I am back with a tag for Linda's (The Funkie Junkie) Twelve Tags of Christmas.  This is week #5 and Linda's tag uses the cool new Tim Holtz Scribbles tree dies and stamps. 

I had neither so I wanted to see if I could create my own glittery scribble trees using glue and glitter.  It took me a while to find a glue that was loose enough in the bottle to allow me the ability to draw a scribbly tree.  It still took a few tries to even get something that I thought was fun.

I used the orange and pink and gold combo because I was using the color palette from the current Words and Paintery challenge.  What  fun color combo and not something I would have put together with the touch of gold.

I started with a mix of the new Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink and the Festive Berries which was misted with a gold spray.  I dragged my paper through the colors to get a smattering of colors on the background.

Then it was a matter of trying to draw my trees and covering them with Stampendous Gold Ultra Fine Glitter. I tried a chunkier glitter but the trees were too heavy.   I then stamped with The Tuskineko Delicata Gold Ink the Memory Box Twelve Days of Christmas music stamp randomly over the background.  I finished with a sky full of stars courtesy of Memory Box stencil and Wendy Vecchi's gold embossing paste.  I sprinkled the same glitter over the surface. 

The words are Sizzix and are coated in Stampendous ultra fine pink glitter.

Linda's Challenge is hosted by her Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz





8 comments:

  1. Oh these colors are scrumptious, Sue! Love this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out very pretty. Delicious colors and those trees are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags! Such gorgeous colors for a Christmas tag, well done! thanks for joining Words & paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your DIY squiggly trees work really well Sue and love the matching sparkly stars.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags. Thank you for playing with us at Words & Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again a wonderful entry Suzz! Thank you for joining us at Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. très joli tag qui sent bon les fêtes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great color combo! The non-traditional colors are so fresh and fun. And your scribble trees are sensational - very cool. A terrific take on my #5 tag. So glad to have you back this week.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!