Sunday, November 2, 2014

Butterfly Frames

Tim's November Tag inspired a few different projects for me. I am sharing two today and saved one for next week.  I loved the idea of the die cut in the corrugated cardboard with the embossed image inside of the opening.   I don't have a coordinating embossing folder with the die but I do have the beautiful Memory Box outline die and then the overlay butterfly die.  That had me thinking of faux embossing and inspired my tag and card. 


I ended up playing and ended up with a tag and a card.  I used Ranger Distress Sprays (Marmalade, Mustard, Bronze, Soot) to create my background colors.  I then die cut the overlay from the same background and sponged it with brown on one and sprayed in black the other.

I cut the outline of the butterfly from corrugated cardboard.  I layered the pieces together and added the sprinkling of the distress sprays including the white picket fences.

I finished my tag with wood button covered in Tim Holtz Tissue paper died to match.  I added a few rub ons from Idea-ology.


Have a lovely day!  I will be back tonight with some silvery goodness.

Suzz

4 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!