Sunday, July 13, 2014

Inspiration

If you could see your creativity flowing would it look like this?   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is Faces.  You can take your inspiration from face stamps to the face of a clock, cameos to silhouette.  

My project started from this:
A blend of mists spritzed through a stencil onto papers.  I created several pieces with different colors.

 I ended up with these scraps because of playing with projects like this:
My journal is an old ledger which I like to use for times when I am trying out new ideas.  I put a coat of paint over the middle of the page and started to layer on the left over scraps. I kept going until I had a lovely mix of pieces.

Then I decided to add the face. That led to what do I do with the top of her head?  I decided to create her mojo flowing out of her head. 

I had fun with this journal page although I had a hard time leaving the bottom half of my project without anything else. 

Products:  Ranger Archival Ink - Hydrangea, Ranger Archival Ink - Monarch Orange, Versafine Toffee, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Yellow, Orange, BlueThe Crafters Workshop - Circle stencil, Stampers Anonymous - Dreamers, Stampers Anonymous Damask, Stampers Anonymous - Courage, Stampendous - Life is Art, White Acrylic Paint, Butterfly Punch, Maya Road Art Journal Stamps, Hero Arts Designblock - Fabulous

Why not share your take on about a face for a chance  to win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.   There is a new release  from Simon Says too!



Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz


21 comments:

  1. I love the way you have created the layers on this piece... great! Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page! Love the different strips that makes the face complete. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's stunning, Suzz - the paper weave is so cool, and she looks magical with her fanciful head-dress - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Suzz, I love the focal image and your design is so eye catching. I love the layers of patterned background pieces and the painted white backdrop. Fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! I love this, Suzz! All the paper piecing is way cool!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love the painted ledger and the layered strips. The butterflies are like creative thoughts escaping from her head - hard to catch (well, in my case they are!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy your creativity Suzz. You always come up with something quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. I love collage so this page is my favorite. I need to use more stamps in that way. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and creative project Suzanne! Love the colorful background and all the butterflies fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this gal and her "flowing mojo"! I think you did an amazing job of turning all those scraps into some serious fabulousness! Great texture and I love how those patterns work together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great texture and colors! Love your fabulous design, Suzz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new inspirations you give me each time l view your projects! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this journal page, Suzz. It's so creative! I had such a hard time with this challenge. This project rocked it! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card love the detailing. Wonderful very inspiring. Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very inspiring project, Suz! Love that you did it with scraps, that's something everyone has! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two wonderful pieces of artwork showcasing the face stamp just wonderfully. I love your original page Suzz and the scraps have made another gorgeous project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty Sue!! Love how you used those papers and the hair is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO loving these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOve the hair!!! So beautiful! Amazing page! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!