Sunday, October 6, 2013

Create, Fly, Dream

Good Morning!  I started playing yesterday with some new stamps, dies, and stencils that I won over at the Mixed Media  Color Challenge.  They are My Favorite Things Designed by Mona Pendleton.  I decided why not use them with the new Mixed Media Color Challenge.

I started with the stencil and a light blue paint. I smeared it randomly over the background.  I loved the effect and was thinking mermaid. :)  I then aided spritzes of pink glimmer mist in areas over the background. I then added a smear of white paint around the edges.  I stenciled on the butterflies and stamped a few in red.

I stamped the lovely sentiment along the bottom.  I then found some Kelly purkey stickers to add my words smeared in pink ink.

The challenge inspiration photo:
 Products: MPD Winged Beauties,     Stencil MPD Scallops,   Stencil MPD Winged Beauties,  Kelly Purkey Simons Says Stamp Exclusive Stickers

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous, Suzz! Love the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue, such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, this is so GORGEOUS! Those scallops in blue are FAB and I LOVE the different butterflies! Perfect sentiment, too! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Sue. love the choice of colour and the latticework makes a great background

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Suzz - love that stencilled paint and the butterflies are lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Suzz! Your project is gorgeous! I love all the beautiful butterflies fluttering about and all the stenciled detail! Thank you so very much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne, this is so pretty, but then you have that magic touch.
    Have a lovely day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this turned out stunning. Love the colors and the stencils you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great mixed media project made with your new winnings! love that stencil and all the smearings of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for being one of the top three at A Mixed Media Color Challenge! Your butterfly project is awesome! Just love the background colors, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!