Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ties to Dad

When I saw this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #291 I thought about it awhile and thought how fun would it be to create ties in place of the banners. 

I loosely followed the sketch.  After I created my ties using the new DarkRoom Door Gazette Background and put them in position with layers, they didn't look as fun. So I fanned them out.  I then wanted to create tie clips with the words Happy Father's Day.  So I created the words using the Alpha Strips.  I tried several combinations of the words and ended up here. :) 

I added some little charms at the end to ad some additional texture.  The inks used include: Ranger Archival Black, Ranger Distress Inks - Ripe Persimmon, Salty Sea, Bundled Sage.

I think my dad will enjoy the quirky Father's Day card. He wore suits all the time when we were growing up. I remember his grey pinstripes and ties.

Here is my tie template I created.  I just folded cardstock in half and used my rule to draw a line at an angle.

 I cut out the tie and traced it over my stamped image three times to create my ties.  They were sponged with distress inks and distressed along with the background.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

7 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!