Sunday, May 12, 2013

Golden Opportunity

Little paper is the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.    I love the 6x6 pads of paper as they offer a sampling of the papers and many of them are in smaller prints that work beautifully on cards.  My choice was to use the Bazzill Antique 6x6 paper scraps to cover a cardboard clipboard. 

The papers have a lovely nuetral color with various prints in text, lines, and ledgers.  I love how it adds a layer of texture.  I was able to use up scraps of these papers from a previous project and create a lovely torn edges to my pieces for texture.

I also had this Gold Embossing Paste sitting on my desk wanting to be played with so I laid out a stencil over the background and spackled on clocks.


I used a mix of white clue with water to apply the paper onto the clipboard. I let that dry.  I then spied the lovely gold embossing paste which inspired my next step:



I laid a stencil over the background and applied a layer of the embossing paste.  I waited patiently for that to dry.  It goes on muted and dull but it dries to a beautiful gold sheen!  I then added a touch of distressing with brown dye ink.

I stamped a series of images from the New York plate using brown ink and embossed it with brown embossing powder. I stamped a few of the sentiments onto other pieces of pattern paper and cut them to tag shapes and layered them onto brown cardstock with an edging of gold.


I added Versamark watermark ink to the metal on the clipboard and sprinkled it with Aged Gold Embossing Enamel and heat embossed it to coordinate.  The edges of the clipboard were edged with a gold pen.

I added a fun set of New York charms onto the top of the clipboard.



Simon Says Stamp is offering a  $50.00 gift voucher for one randomly selected participant in the challenge, so come join us in showing off your 6x6 papers! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

 

Have a wonderful day!

Suzz 

16 comments:

  1. stunning clipboard Suzz. So many fabulous elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clipboard looks stunning, Suzanne!

    Awesome stamping and embossing! Love the 6x6 paper pads too ;)

    Hugs,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz...your little embossed clipboard is so cool. I love the gold embossing of the clock faces...particularly over the stamped skyscrapers. That looks so cool! As always, your pieces have such a vintage quality to them and are always beautifully done. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Suzz, I love visiting your blog. You have an incredible imagination. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool clipboard, Suzz! love that Bazzil paper! It's so thin. Really great for collaging! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great clipboard, Suzz!! I love the way you incorporated metallic elements :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Sue! Love the look of the gold embossing paste and that looks like a fab set of stamps too. The way you've made it look as though you've hung the tag from the clock hands is a great idea.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab clipboard! Liking the gold paste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your clipboard Suzz, the touches of gold are a perfect touch. Great stamping and design too. Everything works so well together . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I just adore this, so beautiful, that golden clock is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE how you used the gold embossing paste. more texture = cool art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! What fabulous and vintage images here on your amazing clipboard! I love the embossed clock stencil....fantastic! Texture city!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Sue! Love the papers you used in the background and the gold embossing is perfect. Wonderful stamping as always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous project Sue! Love how you used the stamps and the gold embossing paste looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!