Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Masculine Birthday Card

We have two male birthdays in January for BIL's.  I struggle with the masculine cards.  I used the Mojo Monday Challenge #275 for my layout and pulled out the Bo Bunny Weekend Market Collection to jump start my card.

In looking at this card it should have taken me all about 10 minutes to create.... But really it took 2+ hours as the time to pick the coordinating papers, layout and playing with what to include and not include...  Sometimes the pattern paper is more difficult for me than stamping.

The sentiment is from (Verses Rubber Stamps) Happy Happy Happy.  The paper is Bo Bunny Market Place. I purposely limited the embellishments to only include the wooden clock  and gear.   Embellishments on masculine cards are not always appreciated by the recipient. :)


Have a lovely day! 
Suzz 

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a perfect card for a guy, Suzz! Awesome layering and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great masculin card. It's always so difficult to create a card for guys but you did it absolutly perfect. gratulation!

    Hug
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your masculine card turned out amazing! I love the patterned paper you chose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally worth the time and effort - love these papers, and they look better than ever with your fab distressing and brilliant composition!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Suzz! Great job on the card, and I totally agree re embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I collect patterned paper! Seriously! I want to make cards with it, but I struggle with design....so I CASE whenever possible. I love what you've done with this paper (I have that pad, too), and I can understand exactly why it took you as long as it did. Imagine someone like me who struggles with card design....it takes me longer than two hours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely find it harder to use papers rather than stamps Sue. I have some gorgeous papers in my stash but I rarely use them. I have to say your struggle was well worth it though because this card is fabulous for any male recipient. It's my eldest Brother's birthday in February so I think I might 'borrow' your design and use some of my papers. It will probably take me longer than 2 hours to decide which ones though, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya! Getting those papers to work can be tough going but I'd say you did an awesome job! Gorgeous cards and I love all the detail *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you did a great job picking out these papers. This card looks amazing.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!