Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cowgirl Christmas

Are all your Christmas presents bought? I am almost there.  Work is what has me busy right now and trying to finish up a few things to get to my vacation.  I saw the Ranger blog issued a challenge on Gifts and I needed another gift card holder.  I created this with a good friend in mind:

 When I was working on my canvas the other day I borrowed my husbands staple gun to put the canvas onto the frame. During the process I had to reload the staples and used up a box of staples.  I was going to through the box in the re-cycle bin but than realized another great box for a gift card!

Here is the box: 
Which I decided to paint:
 
 And then I decided to cover the outside surfaces with stamped cowhide:
 I stamped the cowgirl on white cardstock and colored her with STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils. To giver her more depth in the color I embossed her with clear embossing powder.  On the inside I attached pattern paper and stamped the sentiment using brown ink.

I rummaged through my Christmas embellishments and found a few rusty snowflakes along with some pine cones and holly leaves.

I stuck a gift card inside and I was done.  Overall a pretty quick transformation.  The paint drying took the longest time.

Products:  Artistic Outpost - Cowgirl Strength, Snowy Woods, Ranger Archival Inks - Coffee, Ranger Distress Inks - Walnut Stain, Adirondack - Snow Cap, Ranger Distressing Tool

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz





10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous love the design. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card holder! I love those rusty snowflakes and pine cones. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good with your recycling. Love ths and love how you have used the Cowgirl. Fabulous rusty snowflakes and the pinecones are a lovely touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Suzz, what a great idea I love it! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative...and the result is wonderful. I would never know how to use those stamps, as much as I admire them----you have created a fabulous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. I always love seeing your creations..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to recycle!!! Very cool.

    BTW. Thank you so much for your beautiful card and gifts! I hope you have received yours by now!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. only a true crafter would not hesitate to ask people "are you going to throw that away"? when in the presence of great boxes, wrappings and such. Love what you did with the staple box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!