Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sweet Simple Things

I love buying pattern paper but am so bad at using it all up.  I started today with a sketch from Mojo Monday #255 and bold colored pattern paper. After much cutting and re-sizing I ended up muting the paper with a soft coat of sandal acrylic paint.

I coordinated my lovely bird and flowers to match the paper tones.  The bird flowers and sentiment are from Our Daily Bread Designs (Simple Things, Sing to the Lord)

The sketch provided the layout.


Have a wonderful day!

Suzz


9 comments:

  1. Yep, I collect paper like I did fabric...... :)))

    Love your take on this sketch, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Suzanne, love how you have muted down the patterned paper and that sentiment is lovely too. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paint swipes on the paper, Suzz - lovely take on that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mix of pattern papers look great. Such a great card..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the paper and paint look so great together... the muting effect is delicious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find using bold papers (of which I have many, lol) on cards really difficult but muting them down with the acrylic paint works brilliantly. Thanks for sharing that Sue. Your stamped images are beautifully coloured as always and the sentiment of beautiful.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same Suzz... I love PP and have sooooo many 6x6 pads and hardly use them. This is a beautiful card. the paint over the PP gives such a superb look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, another beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you have done with your paper here. Bet most of us have more paper than we care to admit (and still want more!) Great to see you are putting yours to such good use. Need to start doing the same. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!