Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tim's Tags Day Eleven - Frosty the Snowflake

Off to a slow start on Tim's Tags Day 11!   I wanted to pull out the melt pot which involved a little work...
This is my melt pot creation or at least one of them....  I was lucky enough to get a melt pot from a good friend (Thanks Lisa!) although she told me it needed to be cleaned out... I thought I had cleaned it out... not realizing there was a second pan full of bees wax. :)  Until I had heated it up... So my technique ended up using bees wax. :)

Here is the full tag:


I started with a scrap I had made awhile ago from green and blue glimmer mists. I added a layer of stamping with the snowflakes embossed in white embossing powder.  I then stamped over using the music sheet and StaZon blue ink.  I added my forest and birds using brown ink. I then added some snow down on the bottom and on the branches of my trees.

The snowflake is the pinecone die leaves shrinky dinked, coated in bees wax and dipped in crushed glass glitter.  I put them together with a snowflake die as the center.  It is really pretty as it is coated in what looks like frost. 

I wasn't finished yet...


I created a star dipped in white embossing powder and stamped the nativity in black ink and embossed in white. With a stamping overlay of Joy to You definition stamp.

Stamps: Hero Arts, Memory Box, Penny Black

Thanks for stopping by!  One more day of tags... Than back to regular programming.  :)


Suzz

20 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring! I wish I could just sit with you and watch you create...beautiful work each time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You outdid yourself with these tags, Suzz!Love how you turned the pine cones into snowflakes!

    My pot had beeswax left in it from my last project as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both tags are lovely. Love that snowflake with the frosty look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Another gorgeous creation ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. More amazing creativity, Suzz! Just LOVE these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne, another beauty, so perfectly....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! these are adorable!! I only tried the melting pan once ... it didn't work for me and I've never used it since!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colors and background! The snowflake looks really stunning! Sorry about the beeswax, but it did turn out quite lovely. Glad you found use for the Melt Pot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous.. In every way!!
    I love this technique..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both just wonderful - the colors just sing! Beautiful work with the snowflakes and star. What a great technique to stamp in black and emboss in white - must try that because I love the way it looks here! I always find serious inspiration from your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are stunning. The colors are just eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Really wish I had remembered I own diamond dust when I made mine... I think that's the extra oomph I was looking for! The bees wax certainly did no harm IMO :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!