Saturday, January 30, 2010

Silhouette Burst

Happy Saturday!

I had an idea Friday that I wanted to try with masking the circle and stamping the silhouette burst in the masked circle. I was planning on having the flowers stamp outside of the mask partially.

I actually ended up with two different cards. I created this one first.



I used the same mask and reverse masked to get the sponged circles. I added a touch of brown flowersoft to the edges. This didn't end up reflecting what I had first envisioned so I created a second card which was closer to what I was thinking of. I also switched the colors to make it more spring like.


The dark color is actually purple but it shows up black.

I hope your weekend is going to be very inky. :)


Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous results, Sue! Love both of your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous cards, Sue. That stamp is great. It looks totally different in each card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Suzz, love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these cards, the designs and colours are magnificent! I definitely want to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely masking! These are simply delightful and congrats on the first card being HA twittered, whohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both these cards Sue although the colours in the first one are my absolute favourites but they are both beautiful.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards!! My favorite is the forst one because of its natural colors. Fun touch to put the buttons in the centers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are just wonderful Suzz... sometimes I think we get too involved in layering etc and it is wonderful to see such perfect single layers. Just adore the pink one... I'll be CASE'ing this one for sure. thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous cards as always, Sue!! wow! love those colors and love the touches of FlowerSoft on the images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I will have to try that~ They are both just beautiful and what an excellent stamp choice for that technique too~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous technique! These are STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so beautiful, Sue! I love to see your experiments and they never fail to amaze me...Love them both, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cards - I love your use of techniques! Amazing!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another two wonderful cards Sue! Thanks for explaining your technique. Looking forward to seeing the results of your inky weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!