Saturday, November 14, 2009

Inspiration...

I have been struggling again with ideas and inspiration the last couple of days... So I used an idea that Cathy over at the Moxie Fab World blog initiated for Tuesday Triggers... The idea is to find something beautiful that inspires you and create a card from that inspiration. I decided to go exploring and see if something inspired me to create.
I found inspiration in a pillow from Crate and Barrel:

I was thinking an all white card with layers of embossing. Of course somehow I ended up here:

The current challenge at Hero Arts blog this week is to use glitter... So I figured why not stay with the circles and layers but add edges of glitter.


The color happened by accident. In all my playing I used a purple StazOn on my Antique Flower Background stamp. I had wiped it off several times thinking it was clean. Unfortunately after I die cut all my circles and started to stamp with my versamark I was picking up a faint purple.

I decided to go with it...

Recipe:

  1. Die cut 3 size circle multiple times. (I made 8 flowers in all and used the nestabilities large circle set.) I used the smallest 3 circles from the set.
  2. Stamp using versamark the antique flower background all over on all of the circles. Heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
  3. Crumple up every circle multiple times to soften the edges and the circles.
  4. Sponge Memento Plum around the edges of the circles.
  5. I then used a Zig glue stick to add glue around the edges and dipped the edges into the glitter.
  6. Pop dot the circles together. Add gem in the center.
  7. The rest is putting it together. I folded some ribbon in half and tucked it in various spots to make my foliage.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Antique Flower Background
  • Nestabilities - Large Standard Circles
  • Versamark
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Zig Glue Pen
  • Penny Black - Full of Life
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Memento - Plum
  • Martha Stewart - Ribbon
  • Fairy Dust - Glitter
  • Versafine - Imperial Purple

Well I hope you are having a beautiful weekend. We are! The weather is gorgeous.

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card. Love the purple edged flowers and the touch of glitter adds a real sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by far one of the most beautiful, stunning, elegant cards I have ever seen. What an inspiration. I can't say enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Sue... This is stunning.. I love those flowers! They are just the icing on the cake.. The type where you say 'skip the cake' and let's just have the icing!!!

    YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful.....elegant and feminine. Those flowers are gorgeous Suzz. You did a great job with your pillow-inspiration!
    Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz - your flowers are so incredible I'm still picking my jaw up of the ground.... I just love what you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love where your creative wandering took you today. This is a stunning confection! Perfect for a wedding or anniversary card as your sentiment suggests. Love the Crate and Barrel pillow inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what gorgeous flowers. can't believe this is the first time I've seen your blog - I've added it to my google reader so I can check in regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOOW!!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lo que a ti no se te OCURRA!, Eres tan creativa que sacas las ideas de Cualquier motivo, Genial, realmente es preciosa. Felicidades.
    Bss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaaah!!!, me encanta la nueva cabecera, bueno la anterior tambien. Bss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and thank you for sharing your inspiration, too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!