Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Masculine Card

Hero Arts Blog Challenge this week is Masculine Cards... This is always a challenge for me... I start out with the right colors in hand... Images that are masculine and when I get done somehow the bling, ribbons, sparkles, etc... end up on the card. I don't know how it happens...

But this time I think I did good. No sparkling, blinging, glitzing in sight...


Okay... I will admit that ribbon magically appeard on the card... but note... only a knot... I think I showed considerable restraint.. No bow. hee hee...

Recipe:

  1. Cut a square of tan cardstock. Stamp image using versamark ink. Heat emboss using the copper embossing powder.
  2. Sponge light blue on the top half of the picture leaving the middle a lighter shade.
  3. Sponge light green on the bottom half of the picture going from darkest to lightest.
  4. Blend the green and blue in the middle.
  5. Sponge the outer edges with brown dye ink.
  6. Sponge the edges of the patterned paper with the brown ink. Edge the tan paper with blue and then brown.

The rest of the card is just assembling.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - H4918 Windy Tree
  • Hero Arts - A4955 Sunny Birthday
  • Basic Grey Paper - Phoebe - Pier 39
  • Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Broken China
  • Memento - New Sprout
  • Ribbon - Michaels
  • Buttons Unknown

Thanks for stopping by..

10 comments:

  1. I love this card and I am book marking it!!!! I must lift it...
    Absolutely stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great example of a masculine style card. I just love that background you created with more then one color! what a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, I see now that the tree is bronze embossed - just stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Suzanne! I **adore** this card. It is so beautiful. I love how soft the inked background looks and you paired it so well with patterned paper and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, Suzanne! Just so you know, I had to go out today and buy Broken China distress ink and New Sprout Memento dye ink so I can try this out. I just love your results so much! I'm so glad you are willing to share the details of your "recipe" with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Suzanne! Happy vacation! Well, you make this look EASY. I've been trying to get similar results using a sponge pouncer, but mine looks nothing like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again! Well, I did it! I shamelessly tried to copy your technique. Here is my Make Your Own Happiness card. Thanks for the inspiration! (I gave you credit!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is absolutely STUNNING. Love the colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just lovely and I have to say masculine too! Who'd a thought! I love the ribbon and that stamp, plus the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!