Sunday, August 10, 2008

2 Different Ways to look at something...

I was playing around yesterday with a few things and ended up with two very similar stamped backgrounds but very different look when the cards were complete. I am going to share both.

# 1 - Summer Flowers


# 2- Dragonflies amongst the flowers.


Recipe:

  1. Ink the rubber stamp with yellow dye ink.
  2. Ink the rubber stamp with Versamark Watermark Ink. (This did put yellow on my Ink pad but I used an old ink pad that already had lots of different ink remnants. I also want to try using purell to clean my ink pad I heard it will take off other colors.)
  3. Colored using my watercolor markers on the rubber stamp.
  4. Stamped the image on regular cardstock.
  5. Covered with clear embossing powder and heat embmossed the picture.
  6. Here is where I differed. I decided to use my shimmery watercolor and paint a light blue / purple background over my flowers. After this was complete I decided I liked the flowers without the background so I created a second image following the exact same steps.

I put together 2 different cards based on my two backgrounds.

Which do you like? I have my favorite. :)

TFL!

Products:

  • Stampington - Button Mums
  • Kodomo Inc. - Dragonflies (Part of a set that I don't see on-line.. So I am going to guess they don't sell them anymore:( Love their stamps and papers and ribbons worth the investment)
  • Inkadinkado 8392
  • Hero Arts - Sparkle Design Sunshine
  • Yasutomo - Pearlescent Watercolor Sets - (This is great for the price you can't afford not to purchase one of these... They work great and have a beautiful sheen)
  • Prima Flowers
  • Hero Arts Gems
  • Ribbons - Uknown


2 comments:

  1. I happen to like the shimmery blue, glossy effect on the card with the dragonflies! It would get my vote! (But, I'm a sucker for anything shiny or glittery!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to choose. Both cards are lovely. I'm going to choose the first one. I like what you did with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!